The Aptamers discovered by Ayass BioScience, LLC are able to inhibit the binding of SARS-CoV-2 virus to its receptor, and can, by inhibiting viral uptake and subsequent replication, be used in targeted COVID-19 therapy applications.
Aptamers offer several advantages over protein antibodies in both their clinical applicability and their less challenging synthetic process.
- Our Aptamers can penetrate tissues faster and more efficiently due to their small size.
- Our Aptamers are non-immunogenic
- Our Aptamers are thermally stable.
- Our Aptamers can be rapidly synthesized in large quantities at a low production cost.
- Our Aptamers in pre-clinical mouse studies demonstrate:
- Aptamers specifically neutralize SARS-CoV-2 VLP uptake by lung cells of hACE-2 transgenic mice in vivo.
- No histopathologic abnormalities in lung, heart, brain, kidneys,liver, spleen, lymph nodes.
- No immunotoxic response in lung
- No loss of mice body weight.
- Aptamers traced up to 48 hours in mice various tissues.