High fructose corn syrup (also known as glucose syrup to confectioners) is used in foods to soften texture, add volume, prevent crystallization of sugar, and enhance flavor. However, it adds an unnatural amount of fructose to your diet, which easily gets converted into fat. Additionally, when consumed in large amounts, fructose can cause health issues like diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. Recent research also suggests that high levels of fructose may lead to colon cancer growth and intestinal tumors. High fructose corn syrup is used to sweeten processed canned food, juice, sweetened yogurts, candies, and soft drinks. Your best bet is to make sure to read the labels and choose healthy ingredients. Choose healthy and stay healthy!
- The Role of Genetic Testing in Inherited Cardiovascular Disease January 20, 2020
- The Importance of Doctors Combining Clinical Experience and Medical Research October 1, 2019
- Blood Donation Needed! August 12, 2019
- New! Precise Allergy Testing at Ayass BioScience! July 18, 2019
- High Fructose Corn Syrup and Tumors April 12, 2019