High fructose corn syrup (also known as glucose syrup to confectioners) is used in foods to soften texture, add volume, prevent crystallization of sugar, and enhance flavor. However, it adds an unnatural amount of fructose to your diet, which easily gets converted into fat. Additionally, when consumed in large amounts, fructose can cause health issues like diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. Recent research also suggests that high levels of fructose may lead to colon cancer growth and intestinal tumors. High fructose corn syrup is used to sweeten processed canned food, juice, sweetened yogurts, candies, and soft drinks. Your best bet is to make sure to read the labels and choose healthy ingredients. Choose healthy and stay healthy!
- High Fructose Corn Syrup and Tumors April 12, 2019
- Colon Cancer April 10, 2019
- Chiari Malformation April 5, 2019
- National Doctors’ Day April 2, 2019
- Ayass Bioscience family is celebrating its third anniversary March 21, 2019